Something to Consider

Friday, May 2, 2008

Spring!

I love this time of year; the colors in Virginia are amazing as trees, azaleas and flowers begin blooming all around. We have had some warm weather interspersed with cool...and lots of rain.

The other day, the contrast of light after rain brought incredible beauty to my block. As I was returning home in my car, I smiled as I watched petals dance in a whilrwind in front of me at the street where I was turning ~ as if responding to a symphony that only they had heard, they stirred, gathered together, and then spun around in a carefully orchestrated display that was evidenced by only me; God is so kind to us to share delights. It reminded me of the fairy tales I have watched with my kids when "magic" is about to occur and the floor begins to whirl with dust as something is created amid that whirl ~ except what was created was already in existence, it just picked up a life of its own for a brief, delightful, dance.

As I neared our driveway, I was astounded by the clarity of color ~ it was awesome!
I felt as if I had entered a different place; a sea of pink petals covered the lower portion of my neighbor's yard, and my driveway was lined with pink as well. The same kind of petals I had seen dancing in the wind, were shimmering in a peaceful lake next to the road, and rivers along our driveway. I can't begin to speak the feeling I got when standing there in awe after I parked...I wish I could impart the experience...

Thank you, Lord, for the wonder of your creation. Thank you that I am privileged to witness the changes of seasons through the life and death of your flowers and trees. Thank you that you have given us such beauty for the ashes which we often give to you. Bless you, Lord. Thank you for your love.

No comments: