Something to Consider

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Welcome To Paradise

I have discovered "Redbox" movies. For merely $1.05/day you can rent a movie from a big red box located inside grocery stores and Wal Marts. I love movies, and have found some really terrific ones lately ~ Freedom Writers, The Ultimate Gift, We are Marshall, Elizabeth, the Golden Age (I think that was it, Becoming Jane, The Martian Child, Dan In Real Life...

Yesterday I rented one called Welcome to Paradise. I had not ever heard of this movie, but it looked good from the write up and seemed less violent than many that were available on Friday night. An added plus was that, though it wasn't too filled with shoot em up drama, it didn't appear to be a "chick flick" and I thought Bo would enjoy watching with me (we loved Dan In Real Life last weekend).

We really enjoyed it. I thought it was Fabulous ~ similar vein to many of the Christian movies published by smaller companies lately. A movie about really finding God and not playing religion. I have seen several of these in the last few months; usually borrowed from friends or purchased from CBD, but hadn't seen many among the recently recommended rentals so was delighted to find it by accident.

I would encourage anyone who is looking for a good sleeper to rent it. You won't be disappointed. All of the ones I have listed were good for various reasons (if you need ideas), but this one was tender as well, which I enjoyed. Thanks be to God that we can continue to find some shinier gems among the mixes ~ Bless Him.

4 comments:

Steve sculpts critters said...

I thought you said 'tender as hell' there for a minute, did a double take, and re-read it as tender as well.
Phew.

Kim said...

Haven't seen that one, but was going to blog about Dan In Real Life. We watched it last night. It was the funniest movie we have seen in a long time. Laugh out loud funny.

Tonight we watched Juno. Very good. I loved the writing.

Thanks for the recommendation. We'll have to check that one out.

We love the Red Box too.

Stacy said...

Hey, I've seen the Red Box at our local Wal-Mart but haven't given it a try. My hubby and I are Netflixers ourselves - we have a special love and interest in old movies - my favorites are old Bob Hope and Danny Kaye movies...I'll have to check out some of the movies you mentioned though too!

Unknown said...

Stacy, We like old movies, too, but don't often watch them. Occasionally when Bo is flipping around channels we will pick one up on our abbreviated cable.

Kim, we LOVED Dan in Real Life also. I picked it up after seeing a trailer and wasn't sure but wanted to try it; we laughed often and enjoyed the entertainment. It was so clean despite adult context. :-)

I am hoping to find another good unknown tomorrow. It is usually on Fridays I go to the grocery store.