Something to Consider

Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Blessings Flow ~

I am so thankful for God's absolute delight in and love for us these days...especially how He has shared it with me. Over and over recently He has shown me how fond of me He is. It has been through unexpected giftings here and there. Some have been through other people in words or action, some have been through His creations, and some have been straight from His heart to mine...what an awesome God we serve. I am being refreshed. Praise Him.

Today I enjoyed a participating in an "Hawaiian Luau" in my daughter's preschool classroom (to celebrate Mother's Day). The room was decked out with flower streamers at the door, leis as we entered and colorful banners. The teacher (talented as she is) had even carved a whale out of a watermelon as a table centerpiece. It was such fun to listen to the kids sing their love to us in a song aptly named "Hawaiian Rainbow." We also got to dance a fun jig with them. Something about little kids and activities such as this is always heart tickling.

That would have been plenty for today ~ however, when I returned home there was a vase on the front doorstep with my favorite flowers inside. When I saw they were my favorite (Shasta Daisies), I knew it had to be from someone who knew me well. I don't tell many people my favorite as it isn't something that often comes up in conversation, and they are not in my yard (yet) because I have not had success wtih them here at this time (I will, though, I keep trying). As I read the card I was touched with gratitude and gladness. My sister and her husband had sent them to me for Mother's Day. How incredibly sweet. I adore my sister. She is my dearest friend, and I am so blessed to have her.

Rose and I have already enjoyed them (see below). I can't wait to share with the rest of the family.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

AWWWW...what beautiful flowers and a lovely daughter!! :) I am sure Miss Rose and my daugthers would have grand times together! I am praying that your Mother's Day this year is blessed in special and unique ways!! My own DH and I are in heavy prayer about homeschooling our kiddos as they approach those first few years of school - praise God for the peace He has given you! Did you know that I myself was homeschooled my entire (schooling) life? Great experience for me! :) Many, many blessings, dear lady!