Something to Consider

Monday, April 28, 2008

Way too sweet...

Saturday Rose (my four year old) began feeling run down. I knew this when she asked if she could take a nap after my husband's flag football game ~ while we were still on our way TO the game. This from the child who resists napping any more...

Well, she rested on me much of the day Saturday while her sisters played. She tried to join it but didn't have the spunk she usually does, so preferred hanging out with her more sedentary mommy. Fast forward to Sunday morning ~

Rose comes running into my room, breathless and agitated, shouting "Mommy, wake up!We need to ask God to help me! We need to pray that he will make my throat stop hurting." I smiled and said okay ~ and asked her if she wanted to begin the prayer. She immediately launched into her request, which I always adore since the prayers are so pure and heart felt (like tonight when she was telling God how "next time people will not say 'no, you can't have it' and won't share, but they will say 'you can have it when I am finished with it'").

I prayed with her, and after we finished I asked her how she was feeling. She told me "My nose is better and I am not coughing so much, but he told me he wasn't going to help my throat. He will do that tomorrow."

Wow ~ she not only prays with a full heart, but she listens, too. Complete faith, complete trust ~ absolute agreement with our Lord. I am blessed by her heart and mind. I am touched by her simplicity and love.

And, of course, her follow through. Today she told me ~ "my throat is okay now, God told me it would be." Smiling, she continued getting ready for preschool.

We serve an awesome God ~ Amen?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, Rose is sweet all right. That is so precious.

Rose came over to me during our greeting time, at church, a couple of weeks ago, to greet me. How darling she is.

Thanks for sharing her with me.