Something to Consider

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Joy!

So, we had this nice long purging...God and I ~ I think it ended up being nine or ten pages in my journal, mostly me talking this time, with Spirit gently prodding . What an incredible blessing. Until I could put to words my thoughts, I couldn't organize or make sense of my blockage...My posting helped me shift into another perspective. I knew there was a reason to write about this past challenge. Usually I avoid writing things like that, but this time I was compelled to sift through it all ~ writing it allowed me to do that objectively, over and over, until it made sense. God is so kind and tenderhearted toward us. Bless Him.

He was leading me forward toward thanksgiving...the missing link. It wasn't forgiveness I was in error on (though the idol of self was surely available), it was a lack of willingness to give thanks in all circumstances. We are commanded to give thanks ~ and God reminded me that I was getting too short sighted. He turned over to my mind my self-preservation, my self-righteousness, my irritability, and my loss of focus on what was really important. He reminded me that my path is not supposed to look like anybody else's, and if I wanted to have it like others, I'm not actually serving Him but serving myself. Ummm...yeah. He is always so clear. Praise Him.

So, as I was pouring out in repentance, humbled and expressing my willing desire to be in service to Him alone, seeking God to purge all that was not facing Him, or about Him, and redeem it in my life, reaffirming my heart's true position, joy returned ~ Hallelujah. We are amazingly blessed to have a God who loves us so, and patiently teaches us to seek Him alone for answers and Truth. Thank you, Jesus...

And I am reminded of the song that always brings me to tears when we sing it at our weekly home fellowship group Jesus Thank You ~ the words that never fail to draw me to this place of deep gratitude are..."Once your enemy, now seated at your table, Jesus, Thank You" ~ Bless you, Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Isn't it amazing that joy is so often SOO close on the horizon, but we have to walk through the darkness to see it! To God be ALL the glory for holidng you, guiding you, and teaching you through this time! Thank you SO much for sharing this part of your journey!