Something to Consider

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Power Of God and Prayer

Okay, this news I recieved a few days ago is TREMENDOUS! I posted this on my facebook right after I recieved it since most of the teens I know over there were aware of the situation. However, I thought I would bring the inspiration to my blog site.

For those who have not ever understood God's incredible provision and the power of prayer, let me give some background.

Several weeks ago we received a pretty desperate prayer request from one of our church members who serves in undercover operations in Afghanistan, among other places. He was asking for prayer for an Afghan who had been covertly working for the US (providing the coordinate locations and such for those pointed missle strikes that occured not long ago) ~This gentleman had completed his work, and was in process of trying to secure passage for himself and his family to the US to become American citizens and leave Afghanistan behind. One morning he was brutally kidnapped by the Taliban in front of his wife and children. They were told that he would be hanged in front of them that evening (as if the kidnapping were not brutal enough).We began praying in earnest that God would cover the Taliban's eyes and ears from uncovering the facts linking this man as an informant.

We prayed He would protect and cover this young man and his family. During the following weeks, we heard of several brutal killings of other members of the resistance who were helping the allies. The US forces could not locate this gentleman, which was good news in some ways, even though it was still tenuous. We did not give up hope within our home and continued to pray, sensing God was still at work in this case...

Here is the email note I just recieved from our church member ~

We recovered XXX, alive! I must admit I had begun to lose hope, the situation was looking very grim, and our attempts to locate and free him had all failed. Until this morning! We have secured his release, and he is now safe with our personnel and his family, back in Afghanistan. He underwent medical evaluation this morning and is in relatively good shape considering the circumstances.

I thank my church family for their prayers during this very trying time. I look forward to telling XXX how my church, as well as other churches here in the USA, prayed for him during this time. I will tell him this personally Sunday when I arrive in Afghanistan. Please remember me in prayers as I leave tonight for Afghanistan, and if all goes well I will return later in the week. Thanks to everyone who lifted my friend up, I really appreciate it! God Bless!

God is soo good, Amen? We should never doubt His faithfulness and provision for those who love Him! Next time you are facing a challenge, remember that He controls all and is in all; we just need to trust that and believe in His goodness...I think that none of my challenges compares to what this gentleman and his family had been going through, so I really have nothing to complain about. :-)

No comments: