Something to Consider

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God Is So Generous!

I have been blessed by God in so many ways lately, I thought I would post three -
He blessed me personally last week when I was going to Michelle's field trip; we were running late (a bit of the story of my life these days...) to drop Rose off at preschool before getting on the road, and I noticed I had a yellow light on my dash (e.g. on reserve gasoline). I decided that I really couldn't get to the event, return to pick up Rose from a friend's house (who had graciously agreed to get her from school since we would not be back yet) and then get gasoline, so I pulled into a station adjacent to the preschool. As I reached for my purse, I realized I had left it at home mistake number two :-)...

Noticing the time growing even later (and the plan to be broken up into groups to tour this place, so needing to be timely upon arrival), I sent up a quick prayer to God asking Him to turn fumes into gasoline for me for the day. He so wonderfully provided; my dear Savior and King allowed us not only to arrive on time (amazingly, with two minutes to spare), but to pick Rose up afterward, drive home from there to get my purse, and then return out to a gas station without fail. The guage stayed on orange but did not sputter out. I was so thankful for His mercy.

He blessed me corporately at church this week. Our church has, as a whole, been fully blessed with the weather on Sundays. We have been meeting at our local fairgrounds, and Sunday school classes for Kindergarten through fifth grade have been flanking the building. We have not had a bad Sunday. Last week, it was quite cool, and my husband and his helper needed to move the kids from our class (4th/5th graders) to the sunny side of the building where the younger classes were located. However, it went well. This past weekend we had extremely cold weather on Friday (I was freezing indoors, even), and then cold and very wet/rainy all day on Saturday. Praying for Sunday's weather (and it was my turn to teach), I was incredibly grateful and blessed ~ not only did we not have it too cold, but it actually ended up getting up to 70 degrees later Sunday. It was a fabulous day for outside Sunday school. Next week is our last week outside before we move back to an indoor venue God has graciously provided once again. Is He cool or what?!

Finally, He blessed me in my community when I was driving to the grocery store around six p.m. Saturday evening. As I rounded a corner I was struck with the most AMAZING sight I have ever seen. I would have given anything to have had a camera in my van. The beauty of His creation was breathtaking at the least ~ it overhwelmed me. I would have pulled over if there were a shoulder and just basked in His glory. I was thanking and praising Him for hours beyond. The sky had stopped raining, but the gray clouds were still pretty full. The sun was setting, and it was as if it shot through a veil of light between the dark clouds and the dark ground (I was driving on a back windy road among many tall trees). The colors of autumn (which are beautiful here in Virginia by any measure), coupled with shimmering sparkle of the leaves glistening from the rain, added to by the contrast of light and dark between the tops of the trees and the bottoms (due to the angle of the light hitting them) was absolutely stunning.
I was loudly praising Him for His glorious work in my car as I continued on, lest a car behind me clobber me with how I had slowed down to soak it in.

Oh Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the earth! Thank You, most precious Father, for all the gifts You give. :-)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Thank you for ALL that you shared in your last few post. What stunning pictures, what beautiful words as you've shared your heart, and YES, YES, YES, God is SOO good to us. How can we even begin to praise Him for all His gracious gifts to us?! :)
I pray for your friend in the loss of her husband, and I will try to post the Dutch Sheet's request for prayer (I am dreadfully behind on my blogging, as well as checking others blogs..)
Many, many blessings to you, my friend.