Something to Consider

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fall is in the air


I LOVE fall. I was so blessed the other day when I found a tiny red leaf stuck in the grill of my car as we returned home from the lake. We had been jet skiing (fun) and it was another really warm day ~ as have been many of late. While I love warm days, I truly enjoy fall and all of its splendor.

That being said, I also enjoy pulling up the weeds that have grown up in my gardens with the recent rains, and cutting away the dead summer flowers to prepare room for fall colors. I relish the time in the soil, the labor, and the instant gratification when done...
Here is one of my recent projects (filled to the brim with overgrowth; I had been tending four others in my front yard this summer really closely and kind of let this one go...I will add pics of the others later, I don't have them on this computer) This is the starting point of my side bed...

And the weeds that I managed to pry loose from this bed (about two hours worth of time)....
Voila...nearly finished work.

I am hopeful to continue on this as the week progresses, I keep waiting for a less warm day, following another rain ideally. :-) Today I finished cleaning up another, smaller bed but the pile was equally sized as the above pic on our trailer. :-) God is so gracious as to provide us with a few flowers despite the overgrowth of "choking weeds" - I still have some blooms here and there for which I am ever so grateful. :-)

2 comments:

Kim said...

It looks nice. I know how much you love gardening. I'm sure there comes a sense of accomplishment when you can see such progress. That's why I like to vacuum.

It was great worshipping with you today. Wasn't it nice to be surrounded by God's glorious creation while worshipping Him?

Hope your friends baptism was just as awesome.

Unknown said...

:-) It was wonderful to be outside during worship!!! And I so enjoyed sitting with you again. :-)

the baptism was a blessing. More on that in another post :-)