Something to Consider

Friday, September 7, 2007

Ray of sunshine


I love the centers of flowers, so I take many pictures of them ~ there is something beautiful about the way a flower is developed from bud to blossom. This pic was taken awhile ago and as I was sifting through some pics trying to find a blank disc to take some photos thsi morning, I decided to post it ~to remind myself that even the delicate flowers grow in our area. I am currently reworking my garden, cutting many dead flowers and nurturing what remains, hoping to eke out a few more weeeks of color. We are in the difficult time in Virginia; plants are either scorched for a couple of days by indian summer heat, or covered in frost through the night never to recover from the cold...I pray as the plants adjust to the varying temperatures, their growing time returns a bit. What blessing it always is to sit and visit Creation in one's own front (or back) yard. Be blessed today. ;-)

No comments: