Something to Consider

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

But Not Broken...

My title ~ my blogspot account page ~ originally I thought it to be a fluent "Fallen, but not broken" but now I see this phrase in a different light. I picked it for something "easy" to remember for me when I was typing the address, but it is not totally accurate from my heart's perspective when I read it as an "outsider" looking in. I feel prompted to clarify my thoughts for God is way too good to me for me to consider myself fallen, and He is far too wonderful for me not to be broken...I actually want to be broken...I want to be poured out. I want to be everything of God and nothing of me...It is my heart's desire to daily experience a form of unbroken community with our Most Holy One.

My original musings were that I was "not broken" in an unfixable way, though I am born of fallen man...I have been made alive and righteous in Christ...I am a child of the Living God. No longer am I fallen as I have been born anew into an incredible spiritual family with a Head of the House who is greater than any could fathom...Wow!! It fills me with incredible gratitude and joy to even write that truth!

Webster's Dictionary defines Broken 1) split or cracked into pieces; splintered, fractured, burst, etc. 2) not in working condition; out of order 3) not kept or observed; violated 4) disrupted, as by divorce 5) sick, weakened, or beaten...

So, I actually want to be the first definition, and it has been my heart's desire for many years (believe me, God has taken me at my word on this! He has given me oh so many opportunites to be split and cracked and splintered ~ I am nearly burst into pieces...but this is oh so glorious!)
Where I am "but not broken" is in the rest of the definitions. God has given me strength in my weakness, righteousness and order in lieu of my ugliness, union despite my selfishness, and health...He has blessed me beyond measure and daily proven He is there. He is the vine, I am a branch. My sustenance comes from Him ~ my Joy is only real when it is based in Him, and my life is never "out of order, violated, disrupted, sick, weakened or beaten" in any true sense of these words when I keep my eyes on His truth and His promises. ~ Amen? Hallelujah.

May He Reign!

No comments: