Something to Consider

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Poetic Musings

I was reading a book of inspirational vignettes last night before bed, and these thoughts came to me as I closed the cover ~

In this imperfect world,
With my imperfect life,
I'm an imperfect person,
and an imperfect wife.
Dust bunnies abound,
Kids leave streaks on the walls,
Stacks of books grace some tables~
Stained rugs in some halls.
Routines are attempted,
But often not kept
Critters are fed,
without cages swept.
The list of "to do"
Is longer than "done."
And play, versus work,
Seems so much more fun.
My house, I'd admit,
Is not what I knew~
But my children's sweet smiles
Make up for this skew.
But I'll take my ole house
And imperfect ways,
Over anything fancier
That doesn't have frays.
In this home, I've learned,
through good and through bad,
Life's the most precious
Gift that I have.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love it! My sentiments exactly.