Something to Consider

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Little Things

I have been so busy with my God-ordained role of mommyhood this summer that so many cool insights I have had have been passed by...I have journaled some of them during my prayer time (so if I am really on top of things this fall, I may revisit them), but have not taken the time to actually sit online to type. I generally try to limit my computer time when the kids are home.

Anyway, I had another fun moment during my girls' cotillion classes. As I was driving off one day another mother flagged me down to say "I really like your license plate...I saw your van last week at the grocery store and started to think about what yours said and how I represented something totally different." Her license plate read "2 Stinkrz" (or something like that, I can't recall the spelling but that was the jist). My license reads CR8 LV. When I had originally gone with a vanity plate I sought every option for "Be Grateful" as well as gratitude and thanksgiving themes. Create Love was the only option that could be found in a vein of what I wanted to encourage while driving (and I have thought often about my driving while displaying this, such as when I am feeling impatient ~ how can I drive one way and speak another?? What a hypocrite! It has been good for me.)...

In sharing with this mom, I talked about why I wanted to focus on what God could do within our lives versus what my perception was at times, and how I felt that my kids were reflected in her license as well at times, but I did not want to have that as their label and encourage it, but to have another aspiration to encourage. She spoke of a feeling of conviction/contrition when originally seeing my license and left saying maybe she needed to think about changing hers... How incredibly awesome that moment was! I was thrilled at our Heavenly Father's use of my simple efforts to convict and encourage another mom. It reminds me, once again, that as we continue to walk in love and share that love in small ways, God can be blessed and He then can work in the opportunity to be a blessing to others. He is so cool!

No comments: