Something to Consider

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Great Dads

Okay, I have a really fun family. I love it when one of my siblings (or their spouses, as in this case) share something endearing about their lives. I got an email from my dear sister-in-law today that had this blip of information at the end of it. She had sent a note to a mutual friend of my brother's and mine, and was forwarding me his news of marriage as well as his new contact information (I got the same email from him, but she is always considering others and wanted to be sure I had recieved it) :-)

On the bottom of the forwarded email was a video clip she had sent to our friend, Rob (a long time friend of my brother's from childhood), sharing entertainment from my brother's life. I figured since it was on the email she sent me, it was fair game. It involves my brother dancing with other dads during a recital my niece was performing in over Father's Day weekend. It was a Sunday morning surprise for the girls and boys who were dancing that weekend.

Now, to know my brother, one would be aware that he has very little gifting in rhythm. However, he is very athletic and capable on the soccer field or basketball court. I presume he prepared to use those skills to get him through this for his daughter.

Here's the dance: Heart Beats Dad's Dance...my brother is the first to enter from the right of the screen, then the first to do a cartwheel from the left...He is good natured enough, I don't think he would mind me sharing. He would probably be laughing ~ but I am really proud of his willingness, especially given what I know of his dance abilities ~

Bless all fathers who willingly go in many directions for their children. My brother does, my father most certainly did, my brother-in-law does...and my dear husband has time and again.

Praise God for Fathers, and His equipping!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That was great! I kept my eye on your brother the whole time. He kept the rhythm pretty well. That was so cute. How fun!
I may have to share a video I have of Sean from last year's sports camp. It's a riot. Talk about not having rhythm.

Unknown said...

Yes, he did do a good job! I, too, was impressed. I think the seven or eight years of watching dance recitals and traveling all over the country watching the kids practice and perform has taught him quite a bit. ;-)

Stacy said...

OH SO FUNNY!!!! What a great Dad! I am impressed by all of those Dads - what a fun surprise for those kids (and kudos to the Dads for the extra practice to learn the dance!)
His daughter will never forget it!
Thank you SO much for sharing!