Something to Consider

Friday, December 7, 2007

The Power of Prayer~

God has been taking me on an incredible journey over the past few years, increasing His wisdom in my life related to the awesome privelege and power of intercession and prayers of the saints. He has been growing me in understanding and using me in many ways that have been so incredible to witness. He has called me deeper into Him that I might understand the source of power in our lives, the truth of His vision (versus ours which is oh so limited), and the incredible LOVE He has for each one of us, wherever we are upon the path toward accepting His gift of righteousness....I have witnessed healing miracles following prayer, I have seen incredible transformation and redemption drivin by the Holy Spirit for those whom I thought may never know Him...it has been breathtaking and awe inspiring.

Over Thanksgiving, He gave me the privilege of sharing this experience with my husband. My daughter had awoken Thanksgiving morning with a stomachache and a fever that was spiking to 103.2. She had come barreling into our bedroom crying; she was supposed to go to her dad's that morning and hated feeling so sick. I immediately began praying for her healing and God prompted me to go get my husband (he was tending to the other ten people who were living in our home that week). Wherever two or more are gathered, in agreement with God, amazing things can happen ~ (I believe amazing things happen, anyway, but God was teaching me this day about his power of two) ~ I told my husband what God had spoken and he came and began praying over his stepdaughter. As we laid hands on her in prayer, the fever began to break. We sang a couple of praise songs over her (He always gives me a song after prayer for healing; I am not sure why, but I love it) and in a few moments, she was transformed to health again. Praise Him for His mighty works!

Of course, the great ending was my husband experienced such grace and amazement, and her father was given the truth of the morning (he is not a believer). May the seed He has sown continue to work in my former husband's heart and not be cast away. Amen? Hallelujah. God is so good! To Him be the Glory forever and ever ~

No comments: